I recognized many words and phrases, and picked up on some new ones. I noticed that "schoen" was used to say "nice." It also sounded like a phrase using "dunkel" mean "Don't let it get you down," so perhaps dunkel can connote darkness in another way? We recently learned phrases with "zu," and I heard the phrase "zu alt" for "too old" for something. I paid attention to when "kein" or "nicht" was used. I learned that "Herbst" means Autumn, and that "Gruppenfoto" is used for "group photo."
Mittwoch, 28. September 2011
Schultze Gets the Blues
Today I watched Schultze Get the Blues, a quirky and heartwarming story about a recently retired miner in Germany who plays the accordion (Akkordeon), but replaces his polka tunes with a snappier style after hearing Zydeco music on the radio. His newfound fascination takes him to Louisiana, though he doesn't know a word of English.
I recognized many words and phrases, and picked up on some new ones. I noticed that "schoen" was used to say "nice." It also sounded like a phrase using "dunkel" mean "Don't let it get you down," so perhaps dunkel can connote darkness in another way? We recently learned phrases with "zu," and I heard the phrase "zu alt" for "too old" for something. I paid attention to when "kein" or "nicht" was used. I learned that "Herbst" means Autumn, and that "Gruppenfoto" is used for "group photo."
Here's a trailer for the movie! It's very endearing.
I recognized many words and phrases, and picked up on some new ones. I noticed that "schoen" was used to say "nice." It also sounded like a phrase using "dunkel" mean "Don't let it get you down," so perhaps dunkel can connote darkness in another way? We recently learned phrases with "zu," and I heard the phrase "zu alt" for "too old" for something. I paid attention to when "kein" or "nicht" was used. I learned that "Herbst" means Autumn, and that "Gruppenfoto" is used for "group photo."
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.