Montag, 31. Oktober 2011

AMD 4 - "Downfall" Parodies

For AMD 4 I decided to do something that made me laugh a lot. I decided to watch some parodies from a certain scene from the German movie "Downfall", which is about the final days of Adolf Hitler. It amuses me how a movie about one of the arguably most evil personalities in history, could be turned into such a hysterical parody. The scene which is used in most of the parodies is where Hitler finds out that Waffen SS General Felix Steiner failed to lead the Red Army out of Berlin. The parodies are used for non German-speaking viewers who do not understand the conversation and English subtitles are used in order to falsely describe some humorous situations. Some of the videos I watched were:
  • Hitler finds out he was not accepted into Hogwarts
  • Hitler finds out there is no Santa
  • Hitler gets banned from xBox live
  • Hitler finds out Pokemon aren't real
  • Hitler after hearing Rebecca Black's "Friday"
  • Hitler loses his Facebook friends
  • Hitler learns that Farmville is not real
  • Hitler finds out Michael Jackson has died
  • Hitler finds out his daughter is pregnant
As seen from the videos, what Hitler supposedly says along with his bad temper is what makes the videos funny. Just for the history, I tried to listen to the original dialogue of the popular scene, but I did not understand a lot due to the fact that the dialogue was fast.
For anyone interested in movies and in history, the original movie "Downfall" was nominated for an Oscar for the Best Foreign Picture of the Year while Bruno Ganz's performance was actually spectacular with historians describing it as very accurate to Adolf Hitler's personality.

Tshcuss!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.