Sonntag, 2. Oktober 2011

Brutally Honest

"I don't like fruitcake at all and gifs make me swell up and break into a hideous, oozing rash."

Ah, something that I could never say in America. Although I don't mind the politeness that comes standard in America, it would be kind of nice to live the German way for a while. Being able to directly state what you want without worrying about offending anyone would be a lot less stressful. I know a lot of times my friends and I fuss about the invitation thing and I know a lot of people who are so polite they'll ask, "are you sure?" fifty times before they take the thing they asked for. Just take it!!

But I don't know, I'm kind of used to being polite around strangers and it'd feel pretty weird to tell my grandma (or anyone else's), "NO I DON'T LIKE THAT."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.