Mittwoch, 5. Oktober 2011

Hören Sie auf!


So first off, this song is bomb diggity. I first stumbled across it while in France from a good friend of mine, Vincent Thielke. Cee Lo Green's in the song, and he kinda sucks, but nonetheless, it's catchy and has a reggae stoner feeling that I can get into. So, as a cultural activity, I decided to take a gander at the lyrics, and it would seem to me that this is exactly the kind of song a German ganja babe would get into.

So here's the chorus :

Baby wach auf, ich zähl' bis zehn
Das Leben will einen ausgeben und das will ich sehen
Lass uns endlich rausgehen, das Radio aufdrehen
Das wird unser Tag, Baby, wenn wir aufstehn

And here's the rough translation I was able to muster up online...

Baby wake up, I count to ten
The life wants to donate a gift to us and I wanna see that
Let's finally go out, turn up the radio
That will be our day, Baby, if we get up

The first (not so significant) thing I noticed about this song, is the title : Aufstehn... not Aufstehen. So they shortened it for lyrical effect. Moving on the rest of the lyrics, the song is basically about getting your ass out of bed, life's too short, let's dance and reclaim what's fallen to the wayside. What's more uplifting than dancing your life away? For the time being, this German's got it right. Germany 2, America 0.

1 Kommentar:

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.