Again, all of these articles were very interesting and really help me get a better feel for Germany’s rich culture and this is obviously the point of the assignment haha. Anyways, The first article I read was the one discussing drinking in Germany. In high school I had multiple friends who were foreign exchange students from Germany. During my freshman year of high school I played in wind ensemble with my friend Harm who was one of those exchange students from Germany. He was considered a senior in high school here in the United States. Harm talked about how much he missed not being able to drink and more specifically drink good German beer. He talked about how it was considered such an everyday part of their lives. Now this was very interesting to me a young freshmen who grew up in a home where no one in my immediate family consumes alcohol of any kind. It was something I was always taught to just stay away from. This was my first sort of exposure to modern German’s acceptance of alcohol. I would also like to say though that there really is a clear difference between European drinking and American drinking especially in the college years. I believe that this has to do with our societal differences on the outlook of drinking and how we are brought up. Where American society says drinking under the age of 21 is rebellious German society allows their kids to consume alcohol at a very young age and socially acceptable. Drinking is very much embedded in German culture.
The second article discussed discussed German’s obsession with organic foods. I am defiantly into keeping myself personally healthy and so I found a lot that I agreed with in this article. While I am not always able to buy organic foods because of how much they cost I do what I can in regards to buying healthy food. I found it interesting that organic food seems to be more accessible there and not nearly as expensive as it is in comparison to how it is here. German’s defiantly have this one right.
The next article I read was Teutonic humor. I found this article very interesting. Reading how styles of German humor changes in different portions of the country caught my eye. I can personally enjoy just about all kinds of humor in some way shape or form. Guess I better get over to Germany at some point so that I can experience it for myself.
Well this was fun… guess we’ll do this again.
Tschuess!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.