Sonntag, 13. November 2011

Video Games in German!

Guten Tag!

This week, I decided to do something that was bouncing around in my head since I heard of the first AMD assignment. When I have the time and inclination, I enjoy playing video games (Video Game-Spielen), and while a constant wave of exams and other projects in the last month left me hesitant to start playing a game where it could possibly take more than an hour of my life, I decided to go ahead and do it this week.

I'll leave the name of the game unlisted, perhaps as a challenge for people to guess what game it was, but regardless, here were some activities done in the game: Trading objects with other people, killing monsters (it's rarely a game marketed for a guy if there isn't some combat mechanism!), and solving puzzles.

When trading with people, certain vocab are considered very important. One particular distinction has to be made with the words "Ankauft" and "Verkauft." As was mentioned in class, the "ver" prefix does often take a more negative role- in this case, verkauft means to sell, and ankauft is to buy. Another important word was abgebrochen, which meant to cancel or terminate. That word, when used with "angebot" (offer), means the trade/deal is off, and you do not trade. Originally abgebrochen did not stick out to me, but after looking at it, I noticed it does follow the format for conversational past tense, with the "ge" placed between the separable prefix "ab" and the verb, brochen (which is to break, or to interrupt.)

Perhaps next week I will continue on with words for combat- those were a bit more complex for me, and until it makes more sense, I think i'll hold off on trying to talk about them. (I won't even get started on the puzzles...)

Tschuess!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.