For AMD 2, I practiced German by watching a soccer game and listening to the language. For AMD 3, I thought that it would be a good idea to actually speak German on my own. To do that, I called my cousin in Greece. She graduated from the University of Mainz in the field of law three years ago, and she speaks German fluently. While we were talking I told her to help me practice my German by starting a conversation with me. I tried to say everything we have learned in class, even the really basic sentences as "Wie heisst du? Wie alt bist du?" and I must admit it was really funny for both of us, and my cousin certainly had not seen that coming from me. She asked me what is my favorite color by saying "Was ist deine Lieblingsfarbe?". I even told her about my favorite foods and my favorite clothes, which is one of the most recent things we learned in class. When she answered my questions she frequently said: "ich glaube dass..." which as she explained later means "I think that...". Initially I was confused because I thought "dass" was actually "das" and it did not make a lot of sense to me, but she explained that they are different words and she spelled it for me. My cousin did not want to get into detail with th conversation because she said did not want to confuse me, but she did promise that she is going to have another conversation with me in German when I learn even more things!
Tschuss!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.