Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2011

Nur Noch Kurz Die Welt Retten

Having never heard a German song before, I scouted the German Billboard charts to find popular Germany songs. The top few songs were actually not German, but rather Spanish (I think) and English. But I finally found one that sounded German and I decided to check it out.

The song is called "Nur Noch Kurz Die Welt Retten," which I believe translates into "Just Save the World Quickly" by Tim Bendzko.

http://youtu.be/4BAKb2p450Q (can't embed the video)

Anyways, they say you know when you've masted a language when you can understand songs in that language. Well, all I can say is that I'm not really a master of German, yet. Yet. I actually thought he was singing in French for a while...

I played the song a few times, and I caught a few words. Like, "so viel" (a lot). Then I pulled up the lyrics and kind of followed a long while the music played...

"Muss nur noch kurz die Welt retten
Danach flieg ich zu dir.
Noch 148 Mails checken ver weiß was,
Mir dann noch passiert,
Denn es passiert so viel."


in English...

"I only have to quickly save the world,
And then I fly to you.
To check 148 mails who knows what
will happen to be afterwards,
Because a lot will happen."

I think this song will get stuck in my head considering how many times I've played it...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.