Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2011

AMD 6 - Bratwurst und Gluhwein!

As part of AMD 6 I tried not only to learn more about Germany, but also to taste Germany and test my cooking skills! My specialty is fried eggs a la Dimitris with a little bit of egg shell in it. So trying to cook Bratwurst was a challenge for me! In order to do that I had to buy the proper Bratwurst sausage from the meat market and I had it roasted at home! I must say that it turned out well! I have had Bratwurst mit Pommes Frites in the past when I visited Austria and Eastern Switzerland for snowboarding so having in mind the original taste brought me back some nice memories from the German speaking countries. It turned out well with the help of my older brother for the french fries. Since I wanted to taste German food, my brother and I already had some red wine in the fridge so I thought: why not get a little bit crazy and try to make some Gluhwein? I did not know if I could do it so I looked it up at websites such as eHow and Nixie Pixel to find out that Gluhwein is not that hard to prepare. I heated it up in a kettle, I already had some cinnamon sticks (really lucky me since my kitchen is nearly empty but thankfully I have a brother who loves cinnamon), sugar, oranges, and honey! I followed the recipes I found and since it was one of the cold snowy days I figured out it would be nice to stay inside and enjoy my German drink along with my Bratwurst mit Pommes Frites. The Gluhwein turned out to be okay! Nothing like the original you taste at the Alps but for my first attempt at something like this it was not disappointing at all!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.