Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2011

News, Doors, and Garbage

I think the tabloid thing must be a human-nature thing because across all cultures, there seems to be a similar interest in knowing the dirty details - whether they are true or not. The cover of the Bild seems really similar to the tabloids that sit on shelves near the checkout of a grocery store: black, white, and a little bit of red (like a sunburnt penguin).

The article about the doors in Germany seems to reemphasize what previous articles pretty much summed up: Germans are aggressive. There is no patience for shyness; they are straightforward. In America, there is a strong emphasis on politeness and courtesy, trying to make others feel comfortable. I get this idea that in Germany, everything's just kind of laid out straight in front of you. No sugar coating. You just march into that room like you own it.

As for the trash thing, I personally think it's a good idea. Maybe I'm a little OCD, but having detailed compartments for different types of trash seems cool! It makes the sorting process a lot easier, and it adds color to the boring old trash cans. The Japanese do a similar thing, too. I also think that this way, the recycling process can be made a lot easier.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.